How to subscribe, and where to find your video games
Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that provides on-demand access to dozens of video games. It’s an incredible value for those who prefer to play and discover new video games, and now that it’s on PC instead of solely being a console experience, your subscription can follow you out of your Xbox One to your Windows 10 pc.
However, the expansion to Windows PCs hasn’t been seamless. Whereas an Xbox One allows you to simply access your Game Pass right on the home dashboard, discovering Game Pass video games on a PC is a complete different story.
There are two methods to search out Game Pass video games on PC. The primary, and easiest, requires you to download a free app, although I feel it is going to be worth the effort. The second methodology doesn’t require any extra installations, however finding appropriate Game Pass video games is extra cumbersome.
FIRST, GET GAME PASS
If you already subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass on PC, you’ll be able to skip this step. For everybody else, start right here.
You should purchase a subscription to either Game Pass on PC for $4.99 per month (that’s an introductory price; the complete price will eventually be $9.99 monthly) or to Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99 per month. The latter is Microsoft’s everything-in-one bundle subscription that also contains Xbox Live Gold for on-line multiplayer on consoles and Game Pass for Xbox One consoles, in addition to Game Pass on PC.
ACCESS GAME PASS GAMES ON PC VIA THE XBOX APP
That is the best, most user-friendly methodology of finding Game Pass video games that can play on a PC.
- First, download the new Xbox app on Windows 10. Head to the Microsoft Store and search for the “Xbox (Beta)” app, or find it at this link.
- Log in along with your Microsoft account. You’ll be treated to a more luxurious user interface than the Microsoft Store provides. Better yet, it surfaces Game Pass video games on the primary display screen that you just see, and unlike the Store’s default view, everything that the Xbox app displays will be played on PC.
When you’ve installed the video games that you just wish to play, you can start them through the Xbox app, or by way of a shortcut created during installation.
ACCESS GAME PASS GAMES ON PC VIA MICROSOFT STORE
All the PC video games which might be currently playable on Game Pass will be found within the Microsoft Store, Windows 10’s app store, which is on each Windows 10 computer by default — no further installation needed.
As I discussed earlier, that is the slightly more complicated technique for finding Game Pass video games that work on PC. I like to recommend downloading the Xbox app listed above, however this option works if you’re in a rush and don’t wish to deal with a download.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- On the Store homepage, click on the menu button on the top right section of the window, then select “My Library” to see all the content material that you just own.
- Search for “Xbox Game Pass” and click on on that option. All the video games included with Game Pass will show.
Unfortunately, this view shows all Game Pass video games, including ones that may only be played exclusively on the Xbox console. And there isn’t a method to filter the view to make Xbox One video games disappear.
Did I point out that the Xbox app for Windows 10 is just way better?
How to use Xbox Game Pass on your Windows 10 PC. How did you find this article? Write in comments
How to use Xbox Game Pass on your Windows 10 PC