If you Can’t change the screen resolution on Windows 10 and now everything looks so blurry? Don’t worry You’re not alone – many Windows users have also been within the same situation. But don’t worry, it’s often not hard to fix at all…
How to fix can’t change resolution on Windows 10
Here are 3 fixes that have helped other users to resolve the can’t change resolution on Windows 10 problem. you’ll not need to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Update your graphics driver
This problem may occur if you’re using the wrong graphics driver or it’s out of date. So you must update your graphics driver to check if it fixes your problem.
Fix 2: Uninstall graphics driver and reinstall
You may also encounter this problem if your graphics driver is corrupt. So you’ll uninstall it first, then restart your computer so that Windows will automatically install the basic graphics driver. then , check to see if you’ll change the screen resolution properly.
Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter button.
2) Right-click on Display adapters (aka. Graphics card, Video card), then click Uninstall device.
3) Click Uninstall in the pop-up window.
4) Restart your Personal computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Test to see if the can’t change screen resolution problem is resolved. If yes, congrats! If the issue still persists, please moveon to Fix 3, below.
Fix 3: Turn on GPU Scaling
You can enable GPU scaling to find out a screen resolution that fits to your screen.
Here is how to do it:
For AMD graphics card users:
1) Open AMD Radeon Settings.
2) Click Display. Then turn on GPU Scaling.
For NVIDIA graphics card users:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo Button and R at the same time, then type control and press Enter Button to open Control Panel.
2) In View by, choose Large icons. Then click Nvidia Control Panel to open it.
3) From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation, double click on to expand Display, then click Adjust Desktop Size and Position.
4) Click the Scaling tab.
5) Experiment on different scaling methods and choose the one that fits best on your screen.