IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error may be a typical BSOD error in systems and it happens more frequently when Windows users attempt to update their systems into a new version.
Here below, you will see effective methods to repair this irql_not_less_or_equal error due to system update or memory crashes.
Causes for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Knowing reasons for irql_not_less_or-equal error are going to be very helpful for us to stop and find relative solutions for this problem. Here below are some major reasons for this error:
- Incompatible device or device drivers
- Poor device driver installation
- Faulty hardware Device
- Disk fragmentation
- Windows Registry issues
- Viruses and malware attack
What problems will the irql_not_less_or_equal error cause to your computer? the foremost serious problems should be system crash, system failure and even data loss etc. So the way to avoid such a problem and how to find solutions to repair or fix it?
Solutions to fix irql_not_less_or_equal error in Windows 10/8/7
Since irql_not_less_or_equal error occurs frequently on many Windows systems 10/8/7 like Windows 10/8 etc, here below you will find 5 methods to repair this problem and obtain your computer out of BSOD problem.
Method 1. Repair Registry and Fragmented Disk
1. Press “F8” for to enter the Safe Mode and select “Repair My Computer” > Enter Command Prompt in “Advanced Options” under “Troubleshoot”.
2. Select “Command Prompt” and type below commands to find the root directory:
dir C:\Win* and hit Enter.
dir D:\Win* and hit Enter.
dir E:\Win* and hit Enter.
cd /d C:\windows\System32\config + hit Enter.
xcopy *.* C:\RegBack\ + hit Enter.
cd RegBack + hit Enter.
dir + hit Enter;
4. Type below commands:
copy /y software ..
copy /y system ..
copy /y sam ..
And finally, click on yes to finish the commands. Then reboot the computer, the registry will be manually fixed and repaired.
Method 2. Roll Back Drivers
1. Go to the Control Panel > Double click the system icon and locate the “System Properties”.
2. Click on hardware tab > click”Device Manager” > locate the device you recently installed and double click it;
3. Click on the driver tab and the rollback driver button
Method 3. Run Hardware Diagnostic
1. Then Type: Memory Diagnostic in the search and enter this tool.
2. Click on “Diagnostic” your memory problems and it will ask you to perform the check by restarting your PC immediately or on the next restart.
3. Scan the memory and it will show a list of problematic errors detected during the scan.
4. Replace all your faulty hardware detected in the scan and reboot PC.
Method 4. Disable Memory Caching
Press “F2″or other keys to > Enter the BIOS> Disable”Memory caching feature”.
Method 5. Scan and remove Malware in your PC
To perform this method on your device, you need to use good anti-virus software to scan and remove all Malware from your PC and then reboot your computer. The unwanted irql_not_less_or_equal problem will be fixed.