Learn How to Disable Windows Defender the Permanently.
The Group Policy Editor is just a part of Windows 10 professional and Enterprise. The to turn off Windows Defender the using it do the following:
1. The tap on the Windows-key to open the start Menu.
2. type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
3. confirm the UAC prompt to continue.
4. you find the setting by following this path: local PC Policy > PC Configuration > administrative Templates > Windows components > Windows Defender Antivirus.
5. There you are find the policy “Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus“.
6. Double-click on the policy.
7. Set the state of the policy to enabled within the window that opens, and click on the ok to save the change.
The policy reads:
This policy setting turns off Windows Defender.
If you enable this policy setting, Windows Defender doesn’t run, and computers are not scanned for malware or other potentially unwanted software.
If you disable or don’t the configure this policy setting, by default Windows Defender runs and computers are the scanned for malware and the other potentially the unwanted software.
Windows Defender is disabled the immediately once you make the change. Any attempt to run the program afterwards results in the following error message.
To restore the functionality of the app, set the policy state to disabled or not the configured.
How to Disable Windows Defender the Permanently. How did you find this article? Write in comments.