Instagram is another brand of Facebook and one of the most successful and popular social media platforms. In 2018, a News agency was reported that there was a security flaw in the Instagram feature named ‘Download Your Data’, which can be leaked users’ passwords in plain text.
After that risk millions of user data was at risk, some of them decided to delete their account on Instagram.
Another reason is to delete an Instagram account is sometimes all that endless scrolling is too much of a distraction or simply undesirable anymore, in this case, the user always wants to delete their Instagram account.
If you want to save your personal data or want to take a break from Instagram then there are two options to do.
One is to deactivate your account temporarily and the second is to delete your Instagram account permanently.
Here’s you can follow how to deactivate or delete your Instagram account.
It’s your preference to deactivate or delete your Instagram account.
Deactivating your Instagram account is temporary, if you will deactivate your Instagram account then your account, along with your profile, likes, followers, photos, and comments will be hidden from other users.
If you want to restore all of this information and want to start using Instagram normally again, simply login back into your Instagram account.
How to Deactivate an Instagram Account
You can’t deactivate an Instagram account if you are using the Instagram app, If you want to deactivate your Instagram account it can be done on a web browser by browsing the Instagram website.
If you really want to take a little break from Instagram, you can deactivate your account by following these steps:
- Open the Instagram website, log in to your account by using user & password after login then click on the person icon to go to your profile page.
2. Select the ‘Edit Profile’, tab and scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the temporarily disable my account’.
3. Here You will be asked from Instagram ‘Why are you disabling your account?’, you must have selected a reason from the drop-down menu.
4. After this Re-enter your password and select the ‘Temporarily disable account’ tab.
5. After all Your account is now deactivated and it will be hidden from other users until you will log in to your account once again.
NOTE: You must know about Instagram policy As per their policy, you can only deactivate your Instagram account once a week.
Download Your Instagram Data before deleting Your Account
Once you’ve deleted your Instagram account, you can’t recover it. All of your data will be deleted permanently.
Therefore, my suggestion is to download your Instagram data before you want to delete your account permanently, you will get all the photos, videos, etc. that you have posted over time. If you want to download a copy of your Instagram data you have to follow these steps:
First of all go to your Instagram profile and select ‘Settings‘.
Than click on the ‘Privacy & Security’ tab
Now click on the ‘Request Download’.
Enter your email address where you would like to receive a downlaod link of your Instagram data, followed by your password.
After this, within 48 hours you will receive an email with a link to your data, titled ‘Your Instagram Data’. Click on the download Data’.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account
You also can delete your Instagram account through a web browser. If you want to permanently delete your Instagram account, follow these simple steps:
- First Step is to Log in to your account on the Instagram website.
2. Visit Instagram Delete your account page to delete it.
3. Next step is Choose the reason to delete your Instagram account.
4. Enter your Instagram password and then click ‘Permanently delete my account’.
5. After completing the above steps you will get this message from Instagram Your Instagram account is now deleted.
If you will delete your Instagram account, after this you can’t sign up again with the same email and username or add that username to another account.